Thank you for visiting the Bud Group. Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by the Group.
THIS PRIVACY FORMS PART OF THE BUD GROUP’S WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY TERM OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, YOU MUST CEASE YOUR ACCESS OF THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
2. Definitions and Interpretation
- Effective Date 1 June 2021
- Group means Bud Group (Pty) Ltd and its Subsidiary Companies, or any one of them as the context implies;
- Personal Information means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, or an identifiable, existing juristic person, as defined in POPI;
- POPI Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013;
- Processing means an operation or activity, whether or not by automatic means, concerning Personal Information, including the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use, dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form, merging, linking, restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of information;
- Subsidiary Company Any subsidiary of Bud Group (Pty) Ltd and shall, where applicable, also include any direct or indirect subsidiary of Bud Group (Pty) Ltd formed or acquired after the date hereof;
- Website means the website of the Bud Group at www.budgroup.co.za. Or the website of any of the Group Subsidiary Companies, or such other URL as the Group may choose from time to time;
- You or the user means any person who accesses and browses this website for any purpose.
3. Status and Amendments
The cardinal purpose for which we Processes your Personal Information is to ensure that we can provide you with exemplary Service that makes your experience in dealing with the Group efficient and hassle-free.
Due to legal and other developments, the Group may amend the Policy from time to time. The Policy version is indicated by the Effective Date. It is your duty to remain appraised of the current version of this Policy. The Effective Date indicates the date that governs the browsing and use of this Policy from that date; until the next revision of this Policy becomes effective. Continuing to browse the Website after a revised Policy becomes effective constitutes your agreement to observe this Policy as may be revised.
4. Processing of Personal Information
By providing your personal information to the Group you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to its processing by the Group.
The Group may Process your Personal Information, for among other things, the following:
- to conduct market research;
- to compile statistical and/or data analyses;
- to give effect to any communication received from you, which may include instructions, requests, queries, complaints and questions;
- to update our records and/or your contact details;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of the Group;
- generally to render our services to you.
Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) via the Website (e.g. through completing any online form) the following principles are observed in the processing of that information:
- The Group will only collect personal information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is
collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested;
- The Group will only process personal information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed;
- Personal Information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing
or the Group is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of Personal Information;
- The Group will keep records of all Personal Information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on
which it was last used unless we advise you in advance that the information will be retained for a longer period or if we are required by law to retain the information;
- The Group may also disclose your personal information to third parties under certain circumstances. If you do not wish us to disclose this information to third parties, please contact us at the contact details set out below. We may, however, not be able to provide products or services to you if such disclosure is necessary. Your consent is required before we will disclose your information to third parties for any purpose other than to provide you with services or unless we are authorized to do so by law;
- If Personal Information is released to a third party the Group will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used unless we advise you in advance that the information will be retained for a longer period or if we are required by law to retain the information;
- The Group will destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer needed by the Group for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
- As permitted by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, the Group may use Personal Information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
5. Transfer the information to a third country
We may transfer your information to a Cloud database outside your country of domicile, potentially including countries which may not require an adequate level of protection for your Personal Information compared with that provided in your country.
6. Collection of anonymous data
The Group may use standard technology to collect information about the use of the Website. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows the Group to collect statistics.
The Group may utilise cookies to keep track of users’ browsing habits. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive in order to keep a record of your interaction with the Website and facilitate user convenience. Cookies by themselves will not be used to identify users personally but may be used to compile identified statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide the Group with feedback on the performance of the Website.
The following classes of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies:
- The browser software used;
- IP address;
- Date and time of activities while visiting the website;
- URLs of internal pages visited; and
If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customize your interaction with the Website it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on the Website may not be available.
The Group takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by the Website, but cannot under any circumstances be held
liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any Personal Information by a third party.
8. Links to other websites
9. Access to records
You have the right to access your record in a timely manner. If you request a copy of your record, one will be provided to you at a reasonable cost. Requests for access to your record can be made in writing to the Information Officer / Deputy Information Officer in terms of our Promotion of Access to Information Act Manual.
If you have any queries about this policy please contact us by emailing email@example.com.