Uni-span offers versatile support systems and falsework solutions for various project requirements. We are here to provide you with the best horizontal formwork at competitive prices.
Apart from the variety of formwork we stock, we also offer a selection of slab falsework solutions including Uni-Stage, which is a steel modular support system that is efficient and versatile in application. This system can be used for either slab support or access scaffolding. These systems can support light to heavy loads and cater to varying requirements.
Uni-span’s slab formwork systems include Lajflex, Uni-Deck, Uni-Flex and Quick-Strip. Our slab support systems comprise timber beams, steel beams or aluminium beams that each come with individual components. Uni-Span’s support systems cater to varying slab thicknesses and different configurations can be applied. These systems can be manhandled and do not require cranage or specialised transport equipment to assemble and erect.
Our falsework solutions include Uni-Stage and Props. Uni-Stage is a steel modular support system that is efficient and versatile in application. This system can be used for either slab support or access scaffolding. These systems can support light to heavy loads and cater to varying requirements.
Bearers include LVL beams (laminated veneer lumber), H20 beams (timber) and Uni-Bearers (steel) which are commonly used for general decking applications.
When specialist spanning applications are required, our Uni-Max beams and Uni-Girders are perfect for the job!
What Types of Horizontal Formwork Does Uni-span offer?
The types of slab formwork systems we offer include:
Lajflex is a simple and versatile system that is suitable for various slab formwork applications and ideal for commercial construction projects – retail centres, offices, and residential.
This system offers the following features:
Easy to assemble
- Simple modular components
- Due to lightweight components, all system components can be handled by manual Labour
- No crane is required
- Reduced assembly time
- utilising the drop head system allows for early striking
- the horizontal components can be removed and reused immediately for next casting
- modular components allow for multi-directional application
- system can be utilised on pre-cast slabs as well as cast in-situ slabs
- system can be utilised with props or scaffolding
- special grids with ribs spaced 7.5cm apart ensures a safe deck and walking area
- snap-lock reduces human error
Uni-Deck is a modular decking system used in the formation of flat concrete slabs. The system comprises an innovative interlocking mechanism that provides strength and rigidity.
The versatile system offers the following features:
- The drophead principle allows striking after 1-2 days, depending on slab depth, concrete strength and concrete mixture
- No additional back-propping necessary
- Reduced assembly and stripping time
- Increase number of pours with polypropylene layered sheeting (up to 500 pours)
- Erection and dismantling is quick and efficient
The ideal formwork system for the development of parking garages, office blocks and multi-story buildings
Uni-Flex comprises timber bearers (PF20’s) as primary and secondary beams and shutterply as the formlining/falsework over which the concrete is poured. To support heavier slabs, PF20 primaries can be replaced with formsoldiers, Uni-Beaers or twin-channel walers.
This system is supported by either the Uni-Stage system or Props. Due to a variation in beam lengths, there is the opportunity to use the system in confined and restricted areas.
The benefits of this system includes:
- Less components required
- Cost effective
- Less labour intensive
- Quicker erection and dismantling
- Smooth concrete finishes
- System and components can be used in vertical formwork structures (columns and walling)
Quick-Strip slab support system is quick to erect, simple to handle and comprises six basic components. The modularity of the system allows for efficient and easy erection and stripping. The panels can be stripped after three days; leaving the support work i.e. jacks, standards, ledgers and bracing in place until the concrete has cured. All components can be packed into pallets which allows for easy transportation.
Beneficial features include:
- Maximum utilisation of the equipment
- Eliminates any deflections of the slab
- No re-propping required
- System used with coffers and troughs
Coffer or waffle slabs are used to construct large two-way spanning floors. The fibreglass coffers can be used with the Quick-Strip beams and the plastic coffer can be used with timber girders or table forms.
The Uni-Flex Decking system comprises timber bearers (PF20s) as primary and secondary beams and shutterply as the formlining/falsework over which the concrete is poured.
To support heavier slabs, PF20 primaries can be replaced with formsoldiers, Uni-Bearers or twin-channel walers.
The Uni-Flew system is supported by either the Uni-Stage system or Props.
Due to a variation in beam lengths, there is opportunity to use the system in more confined and restricted areas.
The benefits of the Uni-Flex system include:
- Less components required means:
- Cost effective
- Less labour intensive
- Offers quicker erection and dismantling
- System offers smooth concrete finishes
- System & components can also be used in vertical formwork structures such as columns and walling
Why Choose Uni-span for All Your Slab Formwork Requirements?
Uni-span is the go-to choice for all your slab formwork needs. With over 30 years of experience in the construction industry, we have established ourselves as a reliable and trustworthy supplier of high-quality horizontal formwork solutions.
Our extensive range of slab formwork systems includes everything from coffer slab formwork to cutting-edge concrete slab formwork systems, all designed to meet the unique requirements of your project. Our team of experts are always on hand to offer advice and support, ensuring that you have the right products for the job and that everything is delivered on time and within budget. With Uni-span, you can be confident that your project will be a success.
Get in touch with the leaders in formwork and scaffolding, Contact Uni-span today.